Summer stretches before us, a time to be refreshed as we look forward to the 2015-2016 club year. Maybe next year will be your second year in Awana, or your 10th year, or your 25th or your 40th! Or, maybe you’re wondering if you’ll be a leader next year – life is busy and getting to club after a full day of work can be crazy-rushed.
As you think back over the past year and look forward to the future – here are some verses to consider, verses to refresh and encourage …
For summer (or anytime) contemplation …
1. Deuteronomy 6:6-9 – And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
2. Psalm 37:7 – Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!
3. Psalm 46:10 – “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
4. Psalm 51:12 –Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.
5. Psalm 73:26 – My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
6. Matthew 11:28 – Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
7. Romans 12:1 – I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
8. 1 Corinthians 15:58 – Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
9. 2 Corinthians 4:1 – Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart.
10. Ephesians 4:11-12 – And He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ